January 1, 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to 2021 and a very happy New Year to you all. I hope that this year we will all be able to look forward to moving on from the pandemic and focus on better times ahead. The new Oxford Astra-Zeneca vaccine is indeed most welcome news. The new term begins on Monday 4th January.
You will all be aware of the Government’s announcements regarding the re-opening of schools. Haringey has not currently been put into one of the designated contingency areas by the DFE so the school will open. However, this may change.
It is absolutely vital that every member of our school community plays their part in helping to reduce transmission, support the work of the NHS and keep our families and staff safe. I would like to make you aware that some of our staff have had to self-isolate over the holiday period due to positive Covid cases in school and yet now have willingly returned to school to teach and care for our children. I ask you to do all you can to adhere to all of the school’s Covid requirements, thereby minimizing risk to our staff.
Please note the following:
- If your child is unwell in any way at all they must remain at home until at least 24 hours after they are better, and 48 hours after any vomiting or diarrhoea.
- If your child has had contact with anyone who has received a positive Covid case, we would ask you to have them tested, even if they are not presenting with symptoms, as we know many children are asymptomatic. If your child does present with any of the 3 main Covid symptoms please arrange for a test as soon as possible.
- Any positive test results must be immediately reported to the school so that we can take the appropriate actions as swiftly as possible. Classes with a positive case will be shut immediately for the 10-day isolation period.
- If the class teacher is absent (isolating or unwell) the class will also be sent home, as we will not be able to put another adult at further risk by placing them into a different class.
- Please be ready to access the school’s remote learning offer via Tapestry or Purple Mash should your child’s class close.
- Children may not bring any items into school apart from absolute essentials – their packed lunch, water bottle, reading book and outdoor coats.
- Please adhere strictly to the correct drop-off and collection times and do not engage teachers in conversation. If you have an important matter to share, please email the school. Face masks must be worn at all times and parents must keep a proper social distance from all other adults and children. Please do not wait around outside of the school gates.
- There will be no after school clubs this half term.
Thank you for all of your support – one of the many significant strengths of Lea Valley is our community spirit which has seen us through these challenging times, and will continue to do so during this term.
With very best wishes,