Curriculum, Assessment & Standards
Required for September 2022
Contract type: Permanent
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of our children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All candidates are required to complete the school’s ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ declaration and this post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as overseas’ police checks if applicable.
An exciting, new chapter is starting at Lea Valley Primary School. We are looking to appoint an inspirational leader to bring their passion and creativity to our successful school.
Lea Valley is a Primary School in a diverse multi-cultural area.
If you would like to be a part of a dynamic new leadership team that strengthens our relationship with the local community, we warmly welcome your application.
The successful candidate will be a talented teacher in their own right who is enthusiastic to develop excellent teaching and learning, can provide clear, inspirational, ideas for raising educational standards throughout the school and has the ability to inspire and motivate all staff and pupils to achieve their full potential. Our school has lots of opportunities and ideas for change, so this is a well-timed opportunity for a new deputy to join a professional and supportive team and really make a difference as we continue to move the school further forward.
The successful candidate will have:
- proven leadership and management skills with a commitment to the school’s vision and a belief in a values-based primary school education
- strong communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with pupils, parents, staff and the wider local community
- the passion and skills to support teacher development and learning so that all pupils are able to reach their full potential
- the ability to adapt to an ever changing educational environment to ensure sustainability of the school and maintain the quality of education provided
- a proven ability to continuously monitor and implement new developments and practices in education to improve outcomes for children
- a strength in curriculum, assessment and data analysis and how this is used to inform and plan next steps of learning
- experience in safeguarding and inclusion
- the ability to recognise and demonstrate outstanding classroom practice for pupils of all ability levels
- a collaborative focus with the ability to develop and nurture effective partnerships with other schools
We can offer:
- an exciting opportunity to work as part of a developing senior leadership team committed to developing an inspiring curriculum which is motivating, relevant and accessible to all
- the opportunity to develop and grow your skills, strengths and leadership
- a strong, conscientious and enthusiastic staff team who work together to provide the best education and support for our pupils
- a welcoming, friendly school with enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and work hard
- the opportunity to innovate and be forward thinking
- a commitment to continuous improvement and professional development
- a knowledgeable and committed governing body who provide constructive challenge and effective support to the leadership team
If you are interested in this opportunity, we highly recommend you to come for a visit and experience our school for yourself. Please contact Maria Kokotsis, Headteacher, on 0208 801 6915 to arrange a visit. Visit our school website www.leavalleyprimary.org. Application packs can be requested from the school office by email from email@example.com or alternatively downloaded from the TES website.
Please contact the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8801 6915 to make an appointment.
A job description, person specification and application form can be downloaded from our School Website or, for an application pack, please contact the front office on either the email address or the phone number at the top of this letter.
When applying please take account of the following:
Application forms – All applications should be returned for the attention of the Headteacher, Mrs M Kokotsis. Please note that incomplete application forms and CVs will be rejected.
Supporting Information – the supporting information section of your application should clearly evidence your ability to meet the requirements we have outlined in the person specification. The information supplied will be used to shortlist applicants for this role. Proof of qualifications will be required to be provided upon invitation to interview.
References – when completing your application, please provide two employment references (including your most recent employer).
Closing Date: 25th February 2022
Short Listing: w/c 28th February 2022
Interviews: w/c 14th March 20222
Please note that CVs will not be accepted