English and Assessment
Required for September 2022
Salary: L6- L10
Contract type: Permanent
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of our children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All candidates are required to complete the school’s ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ declaration and this post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as overseas’ police checks if applicable.
‘Pupils, staff and parents recognise the quality of education that your school provides and were hugely complimentary about the school ..’ (OFSTED 2017)
Lea Valley Primary School is seeking to appoint an inspirational Assistant Headteacher to bring their passion and creativity to our successful school.
The successful candidate will be a talented teacher who is enthusiastic to develop excellent teaching and learning, can provide clear, inspirational ideas for raising educational standards throughout the school and has the ability to inspire and motivate all staff and pupils to achieve their full potential. Our school has lots of opportunities and ideas for change, so this is a well-timed opportunity for a new assistant headteacher to join a professional and supportive team and really make a difference as we continue to move the school further forward.
We are seeking:
- strong communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with pupils, parents, staff and the wider local community
- the ability to adapt to an ever changing educational environment to ensure sustainability of the school and maintain the quality of education provided
- an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to inspire and set high standards and expectations in all aspects of school and community life and committed to child-centred education, promoting the achievement and well-being of children;
- someone passionate about raising student achievement and aspirations
- commitment to the school’s vision and ethos
- a flexible team player with a good sense of humour;
We can offer:
- an exciting opportunity to work as part of a senior leadership team committed to developing an inspiring curriculum which is motivating, relevant and accessible to all
- a welcoming, friendly school with enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and work hard
- the opportunity to innovate and be forward thinking
- a commitment to continuous improvement and professional development
- a knowledgeable and committed governing body who provide constructive challenge and effective support to the leadership team
If you are interested in this opportunity, we highly recommend you to come for a visit and experience our school for yourself. Please contact Agi Nicolaou, Headteacher’s PA, on 0208 801 6915 to arrange a visit. Visit our school website www.leavalleyprimary.org. Application packs can be requested from the school office by email from firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively downloaded from the TES website.
Application forms – All applications should be returned for the attention of the Headteacher, Mrs M Kokotsis. Please note that incomplete application forms and CVs will be rejected.
Closing Date: 6th May 2022
Short Listing: w/c 9th May 2022
Interviews: w/c 16th May 2022
Please note that CVs will not be accepted