Required: September 2022
Scale 6: £27,978-£28,992 per annum Pro Rata
Hours: 21 hours per week (negotiable) – (term time only)
We are looking to appoint an exceptional person with strong school finance knowledge and experience. It is essential that the job holder knows the school ethos and will work as a member of our team to deliver our values.
The job holder will:
- Assist staff in sourcing suitable products using ‘best value’ principles.
- Raise and send purchase orders/log commitments on the accounting system.
- Where appropriate purchase goods using the schools’ purchasing card.
- Validate and process invoices, issue cheques and BACS payments.
- Assist with staff returns, reconcile overtime claims and process monthly payroll reports.
- Carry out the bank reconciliation and period end.
- Create invoices for funding claims and supplied services.
- Chase outstanding payments, reporting any issues to the Head Teacher.
- Take responsibility for the financial arrangements relating to school meals, school visits, extra-curricular services, lettings, Breakfast and After School Club.
- Liaise with Haringey Local Authority departments and other external bodies.
- Source and apply for funding to assist the school.
Applicants must have:
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Experience in using a finance software preferably RM Finance
- Experience of development, management and operation of financial management procedures and systems
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise under pressure
- Strong IT skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office, data entry and email programs
- A “can do” approach with a commitment to reaching solutions
- Confidence to deal with a variety of challenges
- The ability to use their initiative and prioritise their work
- A natural ability to communicate with people and value good working relationships
Lea Valley will:
- Support the successful candidate within the Finance Officer role.
- Provide annual performance management reviews.
- Encourage professional networking with other schools and associations.
- Guarantee no two days will be the same.
Organisation and teamwork are important elements in this post. You will need to be flexible and have the necessary skills to respond efficiently and effectively to changing and sometimes unexpected work demands.
Lea Valley Primary School is committed to safeguarding children. All appointments will be subject to satisfactory background checks, including two references and an enhanced DBS check.
Pre-arranged visits to the school are welcome. If you have any questions feel free to call. Agi Nicolaou, Office Manager on 020 8801 6915, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The application pack will be available to download from our website www.leavalleyprimary.org (see below), and via the London Borough of Haringey website, TES website and also the HEP website.
Closing date: Thursday 9th June 2022
Interviews: Tuesday 14th June 2022