TEACHING ASSISTANT REQUIRED
Temporary – 32.5 hrs – Monday to Friday term time only
The role is for 1 year on a fixed term contract
‘Pupils, staff and parents recognise the quality of education that your school provides and were hugely complimentary about the school ..’ (OFSTED 2017)
Do you want to be part of a highly skilled and dynamic team?
Do you want to make a difference?
Lea Valley Primary is a vibrant and inclusive two-form entry school serving a community rich in cultural, ethnic, religious, social and linguistic diversity. The school can offer you friendly, supportive colleagues, and the opportunity to improve your skills through our professional development and training programmes.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated Teaching Assistant with a calm and friendly disposition who enjoy working as part of a team and would be dedicated to the school and the children.
We are looking for someone who:
- Shares our school values of ambition, honesty, kindness, respect, determination and courage.
- Is passionate about children’s development and learning.
- Will continue to make learning a happy experience for every child
- Is positive, committed, adaptable, caring, hardworking and able use to their own initiative.
- Has the ability to work in a team to promote high standards of provision.
- Is highly motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Will provide and maintain a stimulating environment that promotes children’s learning.
- Is able to work with a range of children including those with special educational needs.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of supporting children in any of the key stages within the primary phase.
You will have good standard English and maths skills and be willing to learn and work hard.
A visit to our school is highly recommended. Come and see for yourself why OFSTED were so impressed. Please contact Maria Kokotsis, Headteacher, on 0208 801 6915 to arrange a visit. Application packs can be requested from the school office by email from firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively downloaded from our school website – www.leavalleyprimary.org.
This school is committed to recruiting with care, safeguarding, and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Dsiclosure check from the Disclosure & Barring Service prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
References will be requested prior to interview for those short-listed. The selection process will include a task(s) and an interview.
Applications Close: 4 p.m. on Friday 30th June 2023
Interviews: Week commencing 3rd July 2023
Applications will be considered as they are received. We may appoint before the closing so early application is advised.