Permanent – 22.5 hrs per week (12 – 4.30 pm Monday to Friday) – Term time
SO1 – Point 23 – 25
‘Pupils, staff and parents recognise the quality of education that your school provides and were hugely complimentary about the school ..’ (OFSTED 2017)
Do you want to be part of a highly skilled and dynamic team?
Do you want to make a difference?
Lea Valley Primary School serves a community rich in cultural, ethnic, religious, social and linguistic diversity.
We are looking for an inspirational librarian with a passion for encouraging pupils to read to join our school. Reading is at the heart of Lea Valley and our school librarian is a vital part of that The role requires someone:
- To plan and oversee the organisation and management of the excellent School Library
- To select, acquire, maintain the stock in good order
- To organise, catalogue and classify resources to ensure effective retrieval
- To make the Library attractive and accessible to pupils and staff
- To promote the effective and efficient use of the Library and its resources
- To proactively encourage reading and the enjoyment of literature
- To support the school in the delivery and administration of literacy programmes
- To embed a love of reading in all pupils.
- To help pupils select books to match their interests and activities.
- To run lunch time and after school clubs to encourage a love of reading.
A visit to our school is highly recommended. Come and see for yourself why OFSTED were so impressed. Please contact Maria Kokotsis, Headteacher, on 0208 801 6915 to arrange a visit. Application packs can be requested from the school office by email from email@example.com or alternatively downloaded from our school website – www.leavalleyprimary.org.
This school is committed to recruiting with care, safeguarding, and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS Check at the appropriate level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
References will be requested prior to interview for those short-listed
Applications Close: 4 p.m. on Friday 30th June 2023
Interviews: Week commencing 3rd July 2023
Applications will be considered as they are received. We may appoint before the closing so early application is advised.