Temporary – 32.5 hrs – Monday to Friday term time only
Contract: Fixed term until the end of the academic year
Start Date: As soon as possible
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children in Tottenham?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated Teaching Assistant with a calm and friendly disposition who enjoy working as part of a team and would be dedicated to the school and the children.
Lea Valley Primary is a vibrant and inclusive two-form entry school serving a community rich in cultural, ethnic, religious, social and linguistic diversity. The school can offer you friendly, supportive colleagues, and the opportunity to improve your skills through our professional development and training programmes.
We are looking for someone who:
- Shares our school values of ambition, honesty, kindness, respect, determination and courage
- Is passionate about children’s development and learning
- Will continue to make learning a happy experience for every child
- Is positive, committed, adaptable, caring, hardworking and able use to their own initiative
- Has the ability to work in a team to promote high standards of provision
- Is highly motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Will provide and maintain a stimulating environment that promotes children’s learning
- Is able to work with a range of children including those with special educational needs
- Has a good standard of English and maths skills
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of supporting children in any of the key stages within the primary phase.
A visit to our school is highly recommended. Come and see for yourself why OFSTED were so impressed. Please contact Maria Kokotsis, Headteacher, on 0208 801 6915 to arrange a visit. Application packs can be requested from the school office by email from email@example.com or alternatively downloaded from our school website – www.leavalleyprimary.org.
This school is committed to recruiting with care, safeguarding, and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all posts are subject to pre-employment checks. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS with barred list check from the Disclosure & Barring Service prior to employment. An online check of publically available information will be completed to assess shortlisted candidates suitability to work with children. References will be requested prior to interview for those shortlisted.
The selection process will include a task(s) and an interview.
Applications Close: Midday on Wednesday 11th October 2023
Interviews: Week commencing 16th October 2023
Applications will be considered as they are received. We may appoint before the closing date so early application is advised.