Lea Valley Primary School recognises that all children are entitled to quality education. Pupils are entitled to access the whole school curriculum, and to become fully integrated learners within the school. We recognise that the welcome and involvement we offer parents can help us teach their children more effectively.
- To give children and parents information about Lea Valley Primary and the admission procedure.
- To make each child’s start a happy and successful one.
- To establish a partnership with parents that will be lasting and productive, successful and positive.
Lea Valley Primary School has 60 places available in Reception each year. These are free of charge and open to children of all backgrounds and abilities. For more information on the school’s admission criteria, view admissions at Haringey Website
PROSPECTIVE PARENTS/CARERS’ TOURS
Tours will take place on the following dates and commence at 9:40 am for approximately one hour in order for you to fully see the life of our school. You must have booked a tour using the online form or call the school office to book for the relevant date, which can be found below. You will not receive a confirmation e-mail to confirm your place on the tour. Please ensure you press ‘Submit’ at the end of the form. We have a limit on the number of prospective parents/carers that can attend a tour. Our limit is 10 adults per tour. If you find a date has been booked, please try a different date.
23rd November 2022
28th November 2022
1st December 2022
To apply for a place, you must complete a Common Application Framework (CAF) either:
- online via the Haringey website by clicking here.
- on paper – you can request a form by calling Haringey’s School Admissions Team on 020 8489 1000.
If you’re applying for a place after the start of the school year (for example, changing schools), please contact the local authority or the school office for support.
Help with applying
- Visit us at the school or call us on 020 8801 6915
- Click here to download Haringey’s Primary School Admissions Booklet, call 020 8489 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the number of preferences for the school is more than the number of places available, places will be allocated according to the school’s admission criteria.
Admission arrangements for pupils with SEN or disabilities
Children with an Education Health Care Plan that specifies the school will be allocated a place through a separate procedure, in accordance with the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice. For more information, see Haringey’s Primary School Admissions Booklet.
Primary admissions for September 2023 intake
If your child was born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019, they will be due to start Reception in September 2023. Even if your child currently attends a nursery attached to a school or has a sibling already at the school you must apply for a Reception place.
The closing date for the September 2023 intake is 15 January 2023, should you wish to apply for a school place you will need to make an ‘in year application’ by contacting Haringey Council’s Admissions Service.
If you have already applied for a place, you will:
- receive your offer letter on 16 April
- have until 30 Aprilto accept or decline the offer
- have until 18 May to appeal against an admission decision. For details of how to make an appeal, visit the Haringey website.
Outcome of applications
1st March is National Allocation Day, after 5pm you can log on to the eAdmissions site to find out the results of your application.
Primary admissions for September 2024 intake
If your child was born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020, they will be due to start Reception in September 2024. Even if your child currently attends a nursery attached to a school or has a sibling already at the school you must apply for a Reception place.