At Lea Valley children are expected to wear uniform as this builds a positive identity towards the school and learning. School uniform is smart and is practical for daily activities. We want children our children to be recognised in the wider community and to be proud of wearing the Lea Valley School Uniform.
We ask all parents/carers to ensure that their children are dressed in the correct clothes and shoes, have an active PE kit for PE days and follow the guidelines on jewellery. If a pupil does not wear the required uniform a member of staff will contact you.
We have tried to make it as simple and reasonable, in terms of cost, as possible. The logo uniform can be purchased in the local school uniform shops such as Divine Solutions, 3 Northumberland Park, Tottenham N17 0TA. Many of the standard items can also be purchased either at the uniform store or in major stores at competitive prices.
Children wear the following items:
- Navy knit jumper with school logo
- Navy knit cardigan with school logo
- Grey trousers / Grey skirt / Grey shorts
- White collared shirt – not a polo shirt
- Navy & blue striped tie (available to purchase from the school)
- Grey/white/navy socks or tights
- Black footwear (no colourful stripes)
- Blue & white gingham summer dress (optional)
- Navy fleece with school logo (optional)
If your child covers their hair for religious reasons the covering must be either black, navy, grey or white.
They also need the following items for active kit days lessons:
- White polo shirt with school logo
- Navy shorts
- Black plimsolls
- Navy tracksuit (outside optional)
- Swimming costume/trunks, swimming hat & towel (Year 2 upwards)
Sensible footwear and socks must be worn at all times. Backless shoes are not permitted for health and safety reasons. All items of clothing must be clearly marked with your child’s name.
Jewellery, such as rings, necklaces and bracelets, should not be worn to school. If your child has pierced ears, please use small stud earrings in the interest of your child’s safety.
We look to parents to support our uniform policy. If you have difficulties with purchasing school uniform please speak to our welfare officer or a member of the office team.
Parents are encouraged to donate pre-loved uniform to the school. Our pre-loved uniform is availible to support our school community.